Promotional Lamp Post Banners - Guidelines & Application Process
- Applicant must be a non-profit based in Ridgefield.
- The banners are temporary and may be displayed for a maximum of 30 days.
- Banners may not be displayed more than one month before the event commencement date.
- They must be removed the day following the event’s conclusion.
- Banners may only be installed on designated lamp posts on Main Street, adjacent streets and in the Copps Hill shopping district.
- Banners cannot block or obstruct any road facilities or signage. Violating banners will be removed at the cost of the banner applicant.
- Each designated lamp post can support one double-sided banner.
- Applications must be submitted 90 days prior to event.
- Approval/rejection notices will be issued 60 days prior to event.
- The applicant is responsible for printing, installation and prompt removal of the banners.
- Minimum of 10 banners utilizing existing brackets must be purchased (estimated cost: $55 each) for any event.
Banner Design Regulations & Specifics:
• All artwork must be approved, in advance, by the Arts Council and must comply with the required dimensions.
• Artwork should be tasteful and congruent with the historic and elegant feel of Main Street and downtown.
• Prominence should be given to event title.
• Copyright of banner artwork is the responsibility of the organization sponsoring the event. The Arts Council takes no responsibility for any copyright issues.
• Design and color of the banner should not be similar to any road-related signs, traffic signs or traffic lights.
• Commercial messages (ticket prices) or call-to-action are not permitted in the banner design. However, informational messages (website) may be included.
• All lamp post signs are to be manufactured by Squash’s (contact: Whitney Williams; 203-438-3635).
The use of banners is prohibited for the following uses:
• The direct promotion of private or commercial events, corporations, businesses or organizations and related products and services.
• Political campaigns (federal, state, or local).
• Fundraisers or galas.
• The promotion of alcohol, tobacco products, or gambling.
Requests must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the date banners are to be installed. Please note that the schedule is often confirmed several months in advance. Applications will be reviewed and approved on a first-come, first-served basis and there is no guarantee of availability of locations.
Please note that the organizer of an annual event previously promoted with banners will have the right of first refusal for the same date range the following year (provided the event occurs on a similar date).
Design banners & secure artwork approval
• 48” H x 23” W
• artwork must be submitted full size and at least 300 DPI
Brackets are permanently installed on designated light poles
Once a design proof is complete, email it to: ArtsCouncilRidgefieldCT@gmail.com for review and approval.
Step 3: With a final approval, banners may be printed and installed on the approved dates.